Always be prepared for any problems that may arise when you go on holiday with the baby and take necessary precautions, talk to your doctor or have your child under control.
Traveling by car
- If you are going on a car trip longer than 1 hour, you can take some precautions to prevent your baby from getting bored and not to disturb her/him:
- It will be useful to hang toys that will be of interest to your baby in the car seat, your baby will not be bored during the journey.
- If the baby does not sleep in the car, take a break every 1-1.5 hours.
- Keep water in the thermos on car trips.
- Hook up colorful ribbons on the back seats in the car or hang a picture your child loves.
- Mothers traveling by road should breastfeed their babies every half hour.
- Putting canopy on the windows of the car will prevent babies from being disturbed by the sun.
- During the journey, keep jar of food and biscuits with you so as not to disturb the baby’s diet. Do not forget to keep wet wipes.
- It is also recommended to thoroughly clean the car, check the air conditioner and use a dust-free mat before traveling.
Traveling by plane
- Children and infants are affected by the pressure in the airplane. In order to balance the middle ear pressure, it is beneficial to breastfeed the babies during the landing and departure of the plane and to chew gum to the older children.
- It is a rule for babies to be at least 7 days old to board the plane. Babies under the age of 2 must travel on the lap. Setting your flight to off-peak hours will make you comfortable while buying your flight ticket.
- Prefer seats on the corridor side when traveling, this will bring you comfort of movement.
- It is more comfortable to travel by train and by ship with children because it gives the children plenty of space.