Until today, the number of weight loss providers specially named and marketed is quite high. ‘Miracle diet’, ‘Diet that gives 5 kg in 1 week’ etc. This kind of diets are not scientifically accepted by WHO and threaten human health.
False Slimming Programs;
- Non-personal diets, (especially diets in newspapers, magazines, etc. that do not take into account the characteristics of individuals)
- Magic shock diets that provide fast weight loss in a short time,
- Very low-calorie diets that are not regulated according to the needs of the person and cannot be controlled
- Diets that do not gain adequate and balanced eating habits and recommend special products,
- Uniform nutritional diets, (cabbage diet, grapefruit diet)
- Diets recommended together with drugs that are claimed to weaken and have many side effects (tried to be softened by calling it herbal),
- Diuretic drugs and saunas that cause only water loss from the body rather than real weight loss.
Health Problems with False Slimming;
- Stones in the gallbladder
- Kidney stone
- Hemorrhoids with constipation
- Not having menstruation
- Hair loss
- Heart beat disorders
- Detention bruises
- Dehydration due to loss of water in the body
- Intraoral wounds
- Sagging on the skin
1 Kg extra taken;
- Causes you to carry an extra load of 7 kg to your knee and 4 kg to your waist.
- It raises your blood pressure from 1.3 to 1.5 mmhg.
- Cholesterol synthesis 20 mg would be done for every 1kg of extra fat.
- If you walk for 1 hour, you will spend as much energy as your average weight, which is about 70- 80 calories. In other words, if you walk for 1 hour, you will spend the energy of 1 slice of bread on average.
- We should not forget that we have to walk 19 minutes for 1 medium apple, 79 minutes for 1 slice of cake.